On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:28:40 -0600
"Josh Close" <josh at teamfreeze.com> wrote:

> Ok, since I can't get auth_ldap working, I though I'd try
> authentication with samba and winbind. I figure if the user can
> login the linux box with their domain account, then it should work
> the same with apache.
>
> Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction for this?

I went thru that not that long ago myself.  I'll see if I can get the
main part of my smb.conf file posted.

Basically, you need to have winbind running.  It needs to have a range
of users defined that aren't local to the system or to the domain.

You have to start winbind before you can start samba.  I dont recall
if I posted up my resolution to it.

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"