Josh Close wrote:
> It gets stuck in a few different places while trying to authenticate.
>

> OpenSSH_3.7p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.6b [engine] 9 Jul 2001

<...snip...>
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Offering public key: /root/.ssh/id_rsa
> ####
> stuck here
> ####
> debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 149
> debug1: read PEM private key done: type RSA
> ####
> stuck here
> ####
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (publickey).
> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
> debug1: Entering interactive session.
> Last login: Thu Mar 25 10:37:31 2004 from localhost.localdomain
> ####
> stuck here
> ####
> [root at domain root]#

A couple notes about security:
1. Your version of OpenSSL is old and there have been security updates.
You should update.  Check your vendor's website for an updated package.
2. You should never allow root to ssh in remotely.
3. If su(1) is slow, I'd recommened running chkrootkit to see what it
thinks of your system.
http://www.chkrootkit.org/
--
scot