On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:54:03 -0600, Shawn <sfertch at real-time.com> wrote:

> So, my video card is dying on me...  I can't load anything that puts a
> strain on it.  Long story short, fan went out and the chip cooked.
> It's an nVidia GeForce4 ti4200.  Has the dual output DVI/SVGA.  It's a
> Chaintech that I bought a year ago from Nano.
>
> What I'm looking for is a card that is at least 128MB ram, AGP, and
> will work well both in Linux and XP.  I do play a couple of games that

I got a $44 SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 7500LE Video Card, 128MB SDR, 128-bit,
TV-Out, 4X AGP -OEM
 from new egg a while back
(http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-346&depa=0)

I sure made america's army run smoother - I have it in a linux box too (I
bought 2 of them).  I have not done any real testing of it under linux -
but I was able to get mythTV up on my monitor using this card...  I have
yet to toy with the tv out under linux though....