Hi Jim,

I'm replying off list, since my solution is not Linux based. We are happily using Network Appliance NetCache
devices at Toro. If you have Cisco routers, the WCCP support works very well to ensure that all users are
going through the proxy.

I am using a version of Webalizer to which I have added some mods to better handle the cache logs. Webalizer
understands squid logs, which the NetCache can generate.

Site blocking is handled through a Smartfilter license, which runs on the cache. With the license, you get
the right to use Cyfin's cache reporting tools. This gives me per user reports. The webalizer reports are
more big picture, usage based.

Hope that helps,
Bruce

>>> jimstreit at northlans.com 03/22/04 01:13PM >>>
I'm getting a new 10 mb fiber internet connection.  I would like to use
Linux as a proxy server for my employees.  (my crrent proxy, windows based
is too slow for this larger connection, besides its time for an upgrade)

Anyone have any recommendations for a proxy that is capable of ...
   - Surfing (duh)
   - Tracking.  I want to see who goes where and for how long ...
   - Reporting.  Be able to create reports showing who went where ...
   - Site blocking.  I want to prevent users from accessing certain sites
based on catagories.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
Jim Streit