when last we saw our hero (Saturday, Mar 20, 2004),
 Erik Hanson was madly tapping out:
> Yes.

to make the 678 work as a bridge you simple need to turn bridging on.
it's dead easy and documented here [1].  make sure that you select the
appropriate bridging type for your configuration.  i surmise that
you've got a pppoe capable router on the other side of this so rfc1483
bridging is likely what you're looking for.

note, that you won't be assigning an IP address to any interfaces on
the device (unless you want a bridge management interface for stuff)
so you shouldn't need to configure the dhcp client for anything.

> garrett wrote:
>
> >You want the 678 to be a DSL bridge then?
> >
> >Erik Hanson wrote:
> >
> >>Hey all
> >>
> >>I am wondering how to set up/find out how to set up a cisco 678
> >>from qwest to be a dhcp client but to not be dhcp server and not
> >>use NAT.
> >>
> >>So I want to have the DSL come into the 678 and then go to a third
> >>party router.  Thanks.

{ snipped - misc .signatures }

references
[1] http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/netmgtsw/ps528/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00800ead58.html

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC