<random shots in the dark>

Does the mount command print anything out when it boots?  It's odd that
it wouldn't print any message at all.

Is there something in rc.local that is providing a necessary service to
an NFS mount, that's being called AFTER the mount command?  Like
starting bind or adding a route or something?

What if you make it the last command that runs, and put a sleep 60 right
before it?  Maybe some service is starting but isn't done initializing
by the time it hits that part of rc.local?

Boot it as you have it now (not working) and do an lsmod, then do the
mount and do another lsmod, and see if there's some kernel module being
loaded, that for some reason can't be loaded at boot?

Oh, and any reason why not put it in fstab?  I think it's smart enough
to handle that properly (get network up before mounting NFS mounts).
BSD handles this correctly at least.