On 03/15 09:15 , natecars at real-time.com wrote:
> <mode="m$ flamebait">
> Dude, 161 days?
>
> I've had more than that on my workstation!  :)
> </mode>

record on my workstation was 280 days (took it down to put in a new video
card). would have been even longer; except for the long power outage which
started that uptime run. (and once upon a time before that, there was an
accidental strike of ctrl+alt+del instead of ctrl+alt+backspace).

yes, in 3.5 years of working at RTE, I can almost remember every instance of
rebooting my workstation. (hasn't been that many).

The longest I've seen was a fileserver that had been running for 1056 days.
(yes, it was behind a firewall; and no, the company wasn't paying for
our security update service on it). Amazingly enough, it didn't even have a
UPS on it.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator