Many manufacturers of computers use a partition on the hard disk to
store programs that will not fit as part of the BIOS or may need to be
updated. These are called "system" partitions.

BIOS = Basic Input Output System is a program that interfaces the
hardware to the Operating System and is in a CMOS chip on the mother board.

Put the Floppy disk in the drive and turn the computer on. The computer
boots from the floppy disk.
Find in the menu system the part about installing diagnostic or system
to the hard disk.

If the machine will not boot from floppy disk something else is wrong.

Sam.