On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:47:42 -0600 (CST), <jeffr at odeon.net> wrote:

> Anyone running an AGP and a PCI video card in their system?  Nvidia, ATI,
> or Matrox?  Some combination?

yeah - AGP and PCI in a dell

> I'm trying to get a handle on a multi-monitor desktop system.  Ideally,
> I'd like to use 3 monitors.  Almost all of the information that I've been
> able to find looks MS Windows specific.

google up stuff concerning xinerama dual head etc...

>> From what I've been able to find, two Radeon cards don't play well
> together.  An ATI and a Radeon might play nice together.  Matrox cards
> appear to be the most common for driving three monitors.

I had a ATI and Nvida

> I'm not very concerned with 3d performance under linux.

that'll save you some time and trouble...

> I'm really
> looking for fast performance in X-windows.

Don't know if it'll be FASTER, but you'll have a bit more desktop room....

I can forward my XF86Config file on - and you can check out the dual set
up...  let me know if you'd like it...