Some syslog daemons you need to specify a flag (or a config parameter)
to get them to accept logging from external hosts.  For instance,
syslogd -r

You might run tcpdump and see if the syslog stuff is actually leaving
the pix and getting to the linux box, but the pix config looks correct
so I would assume it is.