Mike Partyka wrote:

>How do i check/add this to my default kernel? Just add the parameter in
>the grub boot line?

Edit grub's kernel command line by appending the kernel parameter "apci"
without the quotes.

You can use grub's edit capability to temporarily (for the current boot)
change kernel parameters:

1) Reboot, reset or turn on the machine

2) Use the up and down arrow keys to select the boot selection (if more
   than one) you want to change and press the "e" (edit) key.

3) Use the up and down arrow keys to select the kernel command and press
   the "e" (edit) key.

4) Add the desired new kernel parameters (i.e. apci) to the end of the
   kernel command and press the return (enter) key.

5) Review the changed kernel command to be sure it is correct and press
   the "b" to continue the boot using the temporary change just made.
   If the kernel command doesn't look right go to step 3 or reset the
   machine to start from the beginning.

When you want to make the change permanent, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf,
changing the same kernel line of the same boot selection.  (The boot
selection can also be duplicated and changed; in this case be sure to
change the title so it is clear what kernel parameter(s) were added to
the changed boot selection.)

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>