Can we aim at someone else's foot for a while, mine is really starting to
hurt. %)

-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org]On Behalf Of steve ulrich
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 11:21 AM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Attack

when last we saw our hero (Monday, Mar 08, 2004),
 Matthew S. Hallacy was madly tapping out:
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 09:26:56AM -0600, Matt Murphy wrote:
> > > I hope one of the lessons learned is that PHP is evil.
> >
> > 	LOL, how's that oh wise one? You can do stupid things in ASP
> > 	too, does that make it evil?
>
> Yes.
>
> Use a decent programming language. PHP not only gives you the
> ability to shoot yourself in the foot, it gives you the ammo and
> pulls the trigger for you.

all programming languages of any power/flexibility do this.

it's not the responsibility of the programming language to prevent the
user from shooting themselves in the foot, merely to insure the
reliable delivery of bullet to said foot.

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC