I agree and I think it would be good to have sub-lug's for the most used
distributions.
But I think you loose some skill sets when you have a question about
Linux Kernel.

I think go-to-groups would be the way to.

Keep the list but add forums for the most used distributions

Red Hat/Fedora
SuSe/Novell/Ximian
Debian
Slackware
etc...

Once the groups are together each could sponsor install feast and do
presentations.
I thought of doing dog and pony show at area malls. Each group could do
a show
at a different place. Sort of a Twin Cities Linux Day event.

My wife is in property management and has great contacts with area mall
management.

I would be willing to bet a Frosty we could get support from Red Hat and
Novell.

Just a thought,
Sam.