----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrei Bazhgin" <after at nan2d.com>
To: <tclug-list at mn-linux.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 10:36 PM
Subject: [TCLUG] Hacker-style music

> This is a bit stereotipical of me, but what is good "hacker" music? If
anyone
> has listened to "Army of Me" by Bjork, you might know what I mean.
Somthing like
> the music from Hackers or Antitrust. I need to
> find some upbeat progressive techno (hardcore) fast. When I listen to
music like
> that, I get a strange, yet uplifting fealing. I like that fealing, it
inspires
> me. I know it sounds strange, but it does.
>
> So, can anyone suggest some good techno to listen to? Somthing to make me
think
> about hacking and computers and l33t and cat5 cables and all that fun
stuff.

> Thanks :)
>
> --
> andrei bazhgin | aftermath | programmer | nan2d.com

There are differnet albums for every type of coding - here are a few I use

Alan Parsons Project - I Robot (Asembly Code)
Alan Parsons Project - Eve
Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
Alan Parsons Project - Pyramid
Alan Parsons Project - Tales of Mystery and Imagination
Alan Parsons Project - The Turn of a Friendly Card
Art of Noise - The Seduction of Claude Debussy
Blue Man Group - Audio
Camel - Mirage
Camel - The Snow Goose
Carlos Santana - ABRAXAS
Depeche Mode - Songs of Faith and Devotion
Devo - Q Are we not men A We are Devo! (Visual Basic)
Digitalman - (This is the TCMECH Wars album - naturally, I listen to this
while writing battlebot controller code, see www.tcmechwars.com)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Works
Enigma - MCMXC a.D.
Enigma - The Cross Of Changes
Enigma - Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi!
Enya - Watermark (Debugging - it's soothing)
Harry Nilsson - Nilsson Schmilsson
Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (Perl)
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
Moby - Play
Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Sinéad O'Connor - The Lion and the Cobra
Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X
Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless
Vanessa Mae - Storm
Vanessa Mae - The Violin Player
Vangelis - Albedo 0.39
VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater