IIRC, WinRar can do this under Windows. I have it installed, and I know that it
gives context menues to executables that have compresed data in them and you can
uncompress it. I faintly remember doing this to InstallSheild setup executables
to get the .cab files from them, and then those .cab files containd the data
itself. WinRar can open the .cab files as well.

You can install WinRar (http://www.rarlab.com), I am pretty sure it does this.

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 01:45:12PM -0600, Munir Nassar wrote:
> Is anyone here familiar with unpacking windows InstallShield files under
> linux/windows?
>
> I want/need to update the BIOS on my laptop to fix some ACPI issues but
> the bios firmware only comes in an installshield .exe file. I tried
> installing this on $windowsbox and it did not work as it actually does
> some hardware checks to make sure it is being installed on said laptop.
>
> --
> Munir Nassar
> RedConcepts.NET
> http://redconcepts.net/