On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 10:12, jimstreit at northlans.com wrote:
> Hey all, just passing on some information.
>
> I've recently had a need for some iptables scripts for a couple firewalls.  I
> came across an application called Firewall Builder http://www.fwbuilder.org,
> some of you may have already seen or have used it.  Its a GUI script builder
> that allows you to drag and drop objects to create a firewall, then compiles
> the script.  Its very easy to use, and will check your rules to make sure you
> don't have rules that confict.

Yes, its instructive to use.  Plug in some rules, then look at the
script it compiles.  I might use it more, but it did not handle the
iptables 'mangle' table yet as I often need MARK support.  I emailed the
author and he did not have mangle support on his todo list yet.  But
nice product.

John Hawley
jhawley at hissingdragon.net