On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:29:56 -0500, Josh Close <josh at teamfreeze.com> wrote:

> Whatis the aic7xxx kernel module called under "make menuconfig"?
>
> I've done a gentoo install and when the livecd booted, I had to "modprobe
> aic7xxx". When I finished and restarted the computer, the kernel couldn't
> find the hard drive due to the scsi raid controller. I think I just need to
> load this module.

Josh - I'm not sure what the module name is exactly, but I'm guessing
that you'd have better luck if you compiled it into the kernel.  I've
always heard that it's best to compile scsi/raid drivers into the
kernel - that way if the module doesn't get loaded for some reason,
you can still access your disk.