On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:35:01 -0500
Josh Trutwin <josh at trutwins.homeip.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:04:32 -0500
> Daniel Taylor <random at argle.org> wrote:

> > Whew!
> > Well, it is hanging _AFTER_ completing all the SA tests, while
> > entering the message back into the system.
> >
> > The set of write()'s just before it pauses is the filtered e-mail
> > message.
> >
> > Check your /etc/hosts file and/or local DNS. This has the look
> > of a DNS timeout looking up the local server name when receiving
> > the e-mail back from SA.

For those that care, I removed the blacklist rules from my SARE ruleset, re-linted everything and now it works beautifully.

I guess the blacklist rule is also implementable as a qmail badmailfrom file, which is nice so you can do the exact same thing as the blacklist SA rules, but reject at the SMTP level before all this perl stuff even comes into the picture.

Whew, back to scanning in 3-4 seconds...

Josh