On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Randy Clarksean wrote:
> Well ... I appreciate all of the generous help and input.  What finally
> worked is pasted below.
>
> $IPT -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -j ACCEPT

This is rather dangerous - if you misconfigure your NAT table or such,
it'll allow the traffic to be forwarded in. I'd do something like:

$IPT -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.99 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

..which will only allow that one connection.

> $IPT -A FORWARD -p tcp -j ACCEPT --dport 1025 -m state --state NEW

This one shouldn't be needed, if I'm reading things correctly - nothing
will ever hit the FORWARD table with a dport of 1025, in any case. (It's
rewritten before it gets there).