On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:41:26 -0500
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net> wrote:

> I can't find any reference to the /proc file I was thinking about,
> and in fact, I may be confusing this with the rdev program.  rdev
> changes certain default values for kernel settings, but it doesn't
> cover ALL settings.  Read the rdev manpage for more info, but I
> think you'll be stuck recompiling your kernel anyway.

Yeah, I think I'm going to try to build 2.4.26 with DMA since I think I read somewhere that 2.4.20 had some IDE DMA issues.  I'd certainly like to do this as having DMA off certainly makes disk access a little more sluggish.  I might also try 2.6.6 and see if the Cobalt ROM will load it.  If both of those fail I'll build 2.4.26 without DMA and deal with it.

Thanks,

Josh