On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Chris Cox, N0UK wrote:
> > I am surprised that none of you commenting run your own DNS - it's not
> > exactly brain science and then you hve no trouble with someone else
> > breaking.
>
> It brings lots of traffic and further, you need to run a separate server for
> your LAN if you don't want information about your LAN pulled by clients.

It can, of course.  It all depends on what one is doing.  As for the need
to only publicise sanitised records to the world-at-large, that is
correct.  It is much easier to do today than in years gone by with BIND's
config options allowing multiple, disparate views into the same namespace
based on the client.

 --
73  Chris Cox  N0UK, G4JEC, ex-AB0CN, ex-G8PTC  RNARS #1157  EN34jv33

chrisc at Chris.Org        Ping Jockey's do it until they HEAR the burn...
  WWW Home Page: http://WWW.Chris.Org/   http://www.pingjockey.net
  Cultural observation:
	Europeans think 100 miles is a long way;
	Americans think 100 years is a long time!
  If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.