On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Anton Yurchenko wrote:
> intel, or some broadcom tygon3 chipset, intel is cheaper. both are well
> behaved and well performing.

 Personally, I wouldn't willingly purchase a Tigon3 NIC, considering its
(and Broadcom's) rocky history under Linux, and the general firmware
bugginess I've heard so much about.  I understand the tg3 driver is much
happier these days than it used to be, though; a while back, I'm not sure
you could have called it "well behaved" (yay, hard lockups!).  I'd lean
toward Intel.  YMMV, though.

     Jima