On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 14:15, Chris Cox, N0UK wrote:
> I am surprised that none of you commenting run your own DNS - it's not
> exactly brain science and then you hve no trouble with someone else
> breaking.

Not true. How does the world know where to find your DNS Servers?
answer: They check with your registrars DNS server for the ip ddress of
your dns servers. If the registrar goes down you are screwed, Period.

I do have our own dns server running bind. I also have one at home. I'm
having trouble with running bind though NAT on my cisco 678. The cisco
rewrites the bind anser packets and I get traffic to my house intended
for our busness domains... (I've posted her with that problem before),
Also my home DNS goes down regularly. I moved DNS to the registrar
because I _ASS_umed that the registar would have better redundant
systems than we have...

--
Tom Penney <blots at visi.com>