I tried to create a symlink and this is what I got...

[root at localhost chris]# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
mount: special device /dev/cdrom does not exist
[root at localhost chris]# ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom
[root at localhost chris]# mount /dev/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems
[root at localhost chris]# mount /mnt/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems

Any other ideas?
Thanks!
Chris