When you mount a volume what ever it may be, it may need to be fully
notated.

mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

Now it might not be called /dev/cdrom it might be somethine else.
/dev/cdrom is the usual name for the cdrom device.

When you first logged in to your Fedora box you may have logged in as
"root".  "root" is all powerful, you
should have created an account to use every day.  You need to permission
that every day account to use the
devices.

Sam.