On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 06:34, Johnny Fulcrum wrote:
> > Does anyone have a Maxtor DiamondMax 4320 Ultra DMA , 6.4 GB.  "OEM Part
> > Number 90648D3"
>
> I may have a match - - I have 100's of maxtor drives that are all in the 6
> gig range -
> are there any other Maxtor drives that'd have the same board you need?  I
> can check my stocks....

Easiest is to just match it visually. Dunno if the model numbers tend to
actually have anything to do with the mechanism in use.

I took the board off a dead 60gb Fujitsu and switched it with an
obviously fried (a chip melted!) 40gb of the same design and got a
working 40gb out of it. It fails the SMART extended tests, but works
otherwise. I use it for non-critical storage... (Namely, my mythtv
server...)