Sam MacDonald wrote:
> Does anyone have a Maxtor DiamondMax 4320 Ultra DMA , 6.4 GB.  "OEM Part
> Number 90648D3"
> They don't want or has had a head crash.  I need the board from the
> drive to put on his drive to rescue the data.
> I can't warrant that a working drive will be working when I'm done.

Afraid I can't help with the drive.  Drives are supposed to be dust
proof but I doubt they're water tight.  Chances are probably high that
water got inside and you'll either end up with rust or mineral deposits
on the platters.

I'd recommend your friend call his insurance company and get a new PC.

> My friend is a little shaken up because he has his sales information for
> his business on the drive. Not to even talk about the carpet, sheet
> rock, wains coating, and everything else in his basement.

Of course, he/she had backups right?
--
scot