From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Christopher A.
Gahlon
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:10 AM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: [TCLUG] [OT] Which spyware removal tool?

Hey there guru's,

I know this is a linux list but I also know that most of us geeks here
deal with windoze on a regular basis.

I've got a small problem.  A blind friend of mine is stuck using
Internet Exploder because Mozilla doesn't work with the Jaws screen
reader (it's a documented problem).

She's been infected with several spyware/adware programs that keep
popping up porn and other garbage.  Which is quite humorous because
she can't see their ads or 'read' them and just closes them because
they're not designed for accessability.  Lazy porno web designers I
guess... :-)

She's got the latest version of Norton and it ID's the ad/spyware but
doesn't remove it for some stupid reason.

Anyway, I'm looking for some recommendations for Windhoze spyware
removal/blocker tools.  Free is good but money is not an issue if it
works well, gets automatic updates, and scans/cleans her computer on
a scheduled basis.  Automated removal without dialogs would be a big
plus!

Cheers,

--
Christopher A. Gahlon

"An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great
nation. We must take steps to ensure our domestic security and protect
our homeland."

- Adolph Hitler
-- writing about creation of the Gestapo in Nazi Germany