On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:19:00 -0500 (CDT), Nate Carlson
<natecars at real-time.com> wrote:
> I've used the atheros-based cards with the madwifi driver, and found it to
> be rather unstable. YMMV, of course.

I'm on the other side of that fence; I've got a tricked-out IBM T41
(thank you, work!) with an Atheros ABG mini-pci card, and it has
worked fantastically thus far. The MadWiFi driver runs great in
Gentoo, and is my primary adapter used with casual Kismet usage.
However, I have not found an Atheros-based adapter with an external
antenna connection, so I resort to Orinocos when doing wireless
security assessments.

I don't think AirSnort works properly with my Atheros card. A fair
number of the wireless tools out there are/were developed almost
solely for prism-based cards, so you may have issues no matter what.

I do know there's a prism-based Linksys card that had A support, not
sure about G, and I'm not sure how well it worked.