Hello all,

I have built a photo frame using a 15" LCD monitor, and a VIA eden micro
fanless board.  I had trouble with several of the major distros (they
would crash on boot, probably related to power management in bios, that
sort of thing), but knoppix booted, and autoconfigured everything, so I
did a HD install.  (I was in a rush, due to it being a gift, so I went
with what worked).

Here are pictures if you are interested:
http://chuckhays.net/gallery/album120

Now, I have the device back for some software "finishing" work.  The
things I need to accomplish are:

1. Make the filesystem as resilient to power failure as I can.  My
general idea is to make the filesystem read only, and mount the parts
that need write access to a ram drive.  I am ok with throwing away any
changes at powerdown time.

2. The filesystem needs to be able to be remounted in read write mode on
occasion to add new pictures.  This will be done through the ethernet
interface.  The only problems I am having is what directories/files need
to have write access for the system to function properly.

So, if anyone has some advice as to which areas of the debian/knoppix
filesystem need rw access, I would appreciate it.  Also, any other
pertinent advice would be great.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

-Chuck Hays
lists at chuckhays.net