On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 09:53:01PM -0500, Raymond Norton wrote:
> Thanks, the issue I have is exporting usernames and password into a text
> file, so I can import them using addusers.exe. I could just copy the passwd
> file in to text file, import the file into Excel, and strip off unwanted
> fields. The problem with this is having to reset all passwords.

I wasn't really paying attention to this thread, so forgive me if i'm
misunderstanding what you're trying to do.

You're not going to be able to recover MD5 passwords, regardless what
you do - MD5 is designed to be a one way hash - it can't be "decrypted"
without a brute force dictionary attack.

Also, it's easier to use sed or even vim to get the unames out of passwd
than to use excel - but use what oyu know i guess..

> I have used Cacls.exe before to match usernames with folders, so maybe
> I can use that in this case.

I don't know what you mean by this.

dan