Well, it's easy to use the pipe. When I fork I keep the reads in a
dictionary with the index being the pid. So when the pipe is read, it
uses the same pid, then deletes that pid from the dictionary.

----- Original Message -----
From: Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy at veldy.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:29:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] fork in python

 David Phillips wrote:

 On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:16:43 -0500, Thomas T. Veldhouse
<veldy at veldy.net> wrote:
 I would consider using sockets rather than pipes. I don't think you
have any idea what you are talking about. Why is that?  It is much
easier to differentiate between senders if you use sockets rather than
pipes.  There are other types than TCP sockets that would work in
thiis case (i.e. Unix sockets).

 Tom Veldhouse