    Erik> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:27:14 -0500, Robert P. Goldman
    Erik> <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
    >>
    >> Anybody know of a program that will let you search with the CD code?

    Erik> How about CPAN?

    Erik> http://search.cpan.org/~rcaputo/CDDB-1.12/CDDB.pm

    Erik> I've used that module before, and it works like a charm.

Actually, I had some trouble with it.  AFAICT, it wants you to query
disks based on not just the cddbp_id --- which I have --- but also the
track_offsets and total_seconds --- which I don't.  Furthermore, given
a bunch of MP3's, I'm not sure how I would go about getting those
other two hunks of data...

Alternatively, I think I could use get_disc_details, but here I have
to use genre and cddbp_id.  Since genre is about the least reliable
piece of the whole scheme, that seems bad, too.  Also, seems like it
only returns one value "data sheet" per key, whereas I think the dbs
can have multiple ones.

It just seems weird that other people wouldn't want to lookup by id,
too...

Thanks!