What you need to do is some XF86Config trickery.

####Touchpap
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option      "Emulate3Bottons" "true"
        Option      "CorePointer"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

####USB mouse
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "Emulate3Bottons" "no"
        Option      "SendCoreEvents"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

That should do it, the main part is "SendCoreEvents".  That tells X not to use
it as a main mouse but when its in use, use it.

Jason