From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Charlie Obert
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 6:13 PM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Filemaker (or equivalent) on Linux?

My wife, who works at the Oral Pathology Division of the U of M, got a
question from the head of the department. They use Filemaker on older
Mac machines there for there biopsy database work, and he wants to know
if Filemaker runs on the Linux platform, or if there is any equivalent
product for Linux.

I think I figured out that Filemaker itself does not run on a Linux
desktop, but I don't know the package well enough to know if there is a
useful Linux equivalent.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for any feedback.

Charlie Obert