I haven't used OpenZaurus.  I don't believe it works very well yet.
There is a ton if different firmware out there for it though.  I stole
Opera 7 for this one out of IBM's little package for the Zaurus 6000.
So it's got a much better browser on it, which apparently has voice
control, but I haven't tried it yet.

I haven't decided what I'm getting.  I just realized that I've started
buying too many gadgets recently, and I need to start getting rid of
some because I can't possibly use all of them.  I bought this one
primarily because I was fed up with all of the crappy task management
software that was out there and I was going to write my own.  But, I
don't have time to do it.  TheKompany.com has some sweet programs for
it though, including a little database thingy which would probably be
perfect for what I want to do.

-jay