With the not-too-long ago discussion about how so many
of us prefer ThinkPads, I thought this would be a good
place to post notice of some spare parts I have.

First is a probably slightly broken keyboard assembly
from a ThinkPad 600E. I believe it will also work in a
600 and I know it will work in a 600X. I took it out of
a machine that would sometimes lock up after I upgraded
the CPU. The new keyboard seemed to fix the problem, but
now it may be coming back, so the keyboard may work, it
may work sometimes, or it may not work at all.

The assembly has the keyboard, TrackPoint, two speakers,
keyboard bezel, and says "600E" at the top.

The replacement I bought was from Que Computers, and
cost $50 used, so use that as a basis and offer me a
price if you come pick it up at my home in St. Paul.

The second item I have is an IBM SelectaDock III.
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do?quickPathEntry=35470
03
IBM's site has the User Guide
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/sad3ug.pdf
and a bunch of other downloads and documents.

It will come with the manual, some driver floppies,
a bunch of slot covers and mounting bays. It works
perfectly and I never use it.

I'm getting married this weekend, and after I come back,
the best offer (including "I'll take it away for you") will
get the beast. Let's start the offers at $0!

Some details on what is in a SelectaDock III:
Works with these ThinkPads:
760E, 760ED, 760EL, 760ELD, 760XD, 760XL,
765D, 765L,
770/all
600/all
and maybe others. Check IBM's site for your model.

You will need an appropriate SelectaBase for your machine.

Two PCI/ISA shared slots
One PCI slot
Half height external bay
One UltraBay II Bay with tray
Two USB connectors
Two type II PCCard slots (CardBus compatible)
One SCSI connector with controller
Stereo speakers with volume
MIDI/joystick port
Internal power supply
External SCSI connector
Additional IDE controller

I'd like to know it's getting used well.

Chris Schumann