Quoting Alex Williamson <alfracto at mchsi.com>:

> I just installed cheapbyte's version of Fedora Core 1.
> Peeping in  a mega book on Fedora in Barnes & Noble I was informed that SWAT
> should be listed in /etc/xinetd.d.  No such luck. No SWAT anywhere.  Is
> there a new config tool for SAMBA in Fedora.  Are we stuck editing
> samba.conf?
> Any ideas?
>

> .....but it isn't easy.  You don't  GET Poems and Hums.  Poems and Hums  get
> YOU!  And all you can do is go where they can find you.
>
> Pooh, with A. A. Milne

Look for a package called samba-swat, should be under the RPMS directory on the
CD if it is not installed.

Otherwise you can get it from the UMN ftp site:
ftp://ftp.software.umn.edu/pub/linux/fedora/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/

Even better, download apt from freshrpms.net:
http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/1/apt/apt-0.5.15cnc6-0.1.fc1.fr.i386.rpm

Then do an:
apt-get update
apt-get install samba-swat