Earlier today the Libranet developers put 2.8.1 out for free download,
apparently to build some buzz for the upcoming 3.0.  I'm particularly
fond of this distro, as it's the one that got me to switch to GNU/Linux
a couple of years ago.  Basically, it's Debian with a great installer
and some helpful admin utilities.

2.8.1 is getting a little dated, so you might have trouble installing on
brand-new hardware.  But on a slightly older system, you'll be left just
an apt-get dist-upgrade away from the cutting edge.

Anyway, check out http://www.libranet.com/download.html
There's a torrent link there.

It's a good day for free stuff, eh?

Ian