On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 11:43:49PM -0500, Jack Ungerleider wrote:

> As far as the group attending, do we want to promote Linux? My
> opinion is anyplace that computer users gather in quantity is
> an opportunity for advocating Linux and Free Software. This
> offer may signal Bluestar's realization that the shows are
> going down hill and they need to do something to bring them
> back. Adding user groups may be an indication that they want
> the shows to have a more "local" flavor.

I would like to second what Jack says here.  I think that people
who are insterested enough in computers that they they go to
these shows, are exactly the type of people who might be
interested in trying Linux.  Or they may have even tried it on
their own, and not know that there is a local group.  So I think
that it would be definitely worthhile to group to go to the show.

With that said, I can't make it to the show, so I am not exactly
putting my money where my mouth is on this one ;).