On Saturday 31 January 2004 12:05 am, Marc Olivier wrote:
> Hello.
> I would like to download the latest stable version of Linux from SuSE, but
> the directions don't make sense to me. What exact material do I download
> from which folder on their Chicago FTP server, and is there any particular
> order I am to save it when I burn a CD with the material (or am I supposed
> to be able to just download something straight to my hard drive and boot
> from that?)?
>
> It talks about downloading the installation tree, but I don't see anything
> marked "Installation Tree", so, what next?
>
> I know I could just buy the thing, but I would like to get some proficiency
> out of this beyond just running Star Office.
>
> Marc

The other option is to get SuSE's LiveEval which will run from the CD and
allow you to see what SuSE's like if you've never used it. I beleive there
are instructions on the SuSE site for using the LiveEval to initiate an FTP
install.

Note: If you are all ready running an earlier version of SuSE you may be able
to do a System Update from an FTP source.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com