Because it costs money to make a distribution and some of us would like to see
a Linux distribution be able to make enough money to hang around.  If you've
got a fast net connection, just mirror the ftp site, it doesn't take long, or
just do an ftp install.  Don't copy someone else's CDs because they've got
non-free applications on them that aren't included in the ftp distribution
and then you're just hurting the nice companies that are writing cool
software for Linux.

Support your favortie distribution, buy a copy of the CDs (if they sell them)
or dontate some money to them from time to time.

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
GPG signature at http://mtu.net/~jpschewe/gpg.sig.html