I buy from ebay.  The Dell 1150 is fairly cheap and is among the very best and has external antenna connector (made by Lucent and
equiv to Orinoco Gold so better than present Proxim Orinoco Gold and runs under EVERYTHING).  Cost runs about $30 plus shipping that
may or may not be reasonable.  The newer Dell 1300 g card is also inexpensive ($35) on ebay and may be as wonderful.  .. anybody
know whether these are also by Lucent and also have external antenna connectors?  Avoid Linksys cards: their receivers are weak so
range is POOR compared to the as cheap Dell 1150.

Chuck