Johnnyfulcrum wrote:

> Wife was just put on bed rest for the last few months of her pregnancy -
> and I figure it's a good time to make a push for wireless AP and a
> PCMCIA card.
>
> I don't have much time to research and I'll need to buy the stuff from a
> local merchant (best buy, circuit city, compUSA (if I must...),
> mircocenter...)
>
> Have had bad experience with Linksys and would like to stay around $50
> or so...  anyone know of any good deals around ?- must work with Linux
> and win2k

As far as access points go, I've purchased several DLink DI-514's in the
past few months, and they're great.  If I remember, BestBuy has a rebate
on them till the end of January - so after the rebate, it's something
link $20.

For PCMCIA cards, I always buy Cisco...so that's probably out of your
price range.

-Erik