On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 10:06:02AM -0600, Sreekumar Kodakara wrote:
> Whenever I run a perl script in a system (RH in IA64 machine), I get
> the following warning. The scripts do excute fine, but this warning
> is pretty annoying. Is there a way to fix it?
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = (unset),
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LANG = "en_US"
>     are supported and installed on your system.

Have you checked your shell's locale settings?  I've seen
other people having problems with their default RH installs
(with older Perls, anyhow).  Have you tried setting those
locale variables in your shell?

By the way, you include your Perl version, RH version, etc.
when reporting problems like this.  Just common sense.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota