This is just to weird, way to weird

When I boot with the Gentoo CD1 and issue the following command at Boot:
gentoo dopcmcia
    I don't get my NIC (xircom IIps) if I do this
gentoo nousb,dopcmcia
    I don't get my NIC if I do this
gentoo nousb, dopcmcia (a space between the nousb,_dopcmcia)
    I get my NIC!

Now all I have to do is figure out where I was in the install.

Sam.

***This is what I was going to send ***

I found the xirc2ps is what I'm looking for however...
when I do a "modprobe xirc2ps"  I get
    modprobe: can't locate locate module xirc2ps

I hunted down the following file
     xirc2ps_cs.0
in the  /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs-r3/pcmcia/  directory
and in /lib/modules/ 2.4.21-gss/pcmcia/  directory

I have no clue what to do as the drive is not on the CD.

I've used this pcmcia network card for installing Red Hat 8 on a
different machine, it worked fine. Infact the Red Had installer found it.

This is the last thing I have to get working for this install to run.

Sam