I love my Mythtv. It was a pain to get setup though. But once its setup
its very very handy.

I am using a Wintv PVR 250 as it has mpeg2 encoding on the card itself
(DVD also uses mpeg2). I personally do not like any ATI products and I
dont care for the company.

If someone needed some help setting up MythTV on a Debian platform I
would be willing to assist.