On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Matt Murphy wrote:

> > Has anyone gotten PHP on Linux to access a MS SQL Server?
>
> 	Yep, it was a big pain, but I did it. I used the FreeTDS odbc
> driver for MS SQL, and unixODBC that came with redhat. If I were more
> inclined towards recompiling PHP, however, I would have updated to the
> latest php and used the native php support, but I wanted to keep redhat
> happy.
>
> See also:
> http://linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6636&mode=thread&order=0
>
> Good luck, I'd be happy to answer any questions if it can help...

Thanks for the article.

So I can connect with tsql just fine.  But when I try to connect with
isql, it errors out:
# isql -v SMS username password
[unixODBC]Client unable to establish connection
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Google reveals that others on RH9 are also having this problem, but no
solution. Is this a RH9 problem?

Here's my /etc/odbc.ini:

[SMS]
Description             = SMS