ASSP seems to do this kinda thing.  I've never used it, but the docs have
told me that it has a whitelist only mode where the sender must have a
"code" in the message in order for the message to be delivered.

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

Mark Courtney

http://www.MarkCourtney.com

     __
   +|oo|+
   +|oo|+
  _  ||  _
  \\_||_//
   | [] |
   | || |
  /  []  \
  \______/

> Hello,
> My spam levels are getting ridiculous again even with spam-assassin up
and running.  I'm thinking I want to basically do an entirely white-list
approach with some sort of system for people to get on my white list.
For example, a non-white list member sends me an email, the mail gets
logged and a reply is sent automatically explaining that my spam filter
has flagged them as possible spam and they should send me an email with
an id number (unique to them) indicating that they are not a spam-bot.
If they respond their original message gets through and they are added
to my white list, if they don't respond within a given time limit the
logged mail is sent to /dev/null.  Anyway, this seems like such a
sensible approach that someone must have something similar out there so
I don't have to write it myself.  Anybody know of a program like this?
Anyone have a better suggestion?