If the project were open-source, then my friendly neighborhood Frogtown
winos could afford it!  Ooh!  We could make a generic inventory package,
and have it extendible through a plug-in system for specific
applications.  The Wine plugin, #include <wino.h>  The Crystal Meth
plugin, #include <meth.h> - the possibilities are endless!

Sorry, the humor potential is too great to resist...

"Okay, I know I had a 6oz bag here somewhere..."
(checks above the drop-ceiling)
"Not there.  Shoot, where is my bling-bling?!"
(Boots a 386SX-25 running DOS)

C:> c:\inv\bin\inv.exe c:\inv\data\my_stash.dat
Quantity  Size  Origin	Type		Location	Dealer
1	  6oz.	BRA	Mellow Gold	In Lamp		(*deceased*)